Wednesday, 28 May 2014

TRAVELS: THAILAND KOH SAMUI PT 1

The term "holiday blues" is one thing I'd never fully understood. If anything I was always happy to get home after an exhausting week of tequila and glow sticks. I guess that couples holidays are a far cry from the trips to Ibiza with the girls. 

I wheel my suitcase into my room, drop my bag and lie on my bed, severely depressed. The only thing that seems right to do, is to cry. Trust me you would cry too, if you left this behind...


We travelled far east to Kuala Lumpur via Malaysia Airlines. Debating the the recent plane disappearance, I quickly threw back a few motion sickness pills and began taking advantage of the complimentary wine on board. I have to say it worked rather well and soon I was snoring away.

We soon caught the attention of the honeymooners in the seats in front of us, much to our dis-may. They were more excited by the free drinks than we were and were switching their service light on every 5 minutes for a top up. They proceeded in telling us the the story of how they got together, sleeping together on the first date which she denied. A few drinks later she finally confessed. My boyfriend and I sat nudging each other trying not to laugh as they continued to shout about their sexual endeavors.


























We rushed to our connecting flight, thankfully not having to wait too long until we reached the island. My boyfriend is a serial window hogger so I didn't get much of a view of the island coming in. But after a 14 hour flight, I was just happy to be in Koh Samui..




With a private transfer to the hotel, there were no Inbetweeners moments stopping at hotels, thanking god that you never booked such a hideous hotel. Luckily our hotel was just beautiful. With our own plunge pool, private garden and outdoor shower, we couldn't have asked for more.





 The view from the hotel pool was amazing, overlooking the sea. 




The food is Thailand is really delicious if you haven't tried it. I even lost weight whilst I was on holiday, which gives me great faith in the Thai diet! As a serial cocktail drinker, I think half of the pictures on my camera are of drinks!




Getting to drink coconut water out of a fresh coconut was really something quite special being a huge fan of CocoVita I was pretty much in heaven!



A few days in, we decided to do a little travelling around the island to see the sights on a day long tour guide. We travelled to the Big Buddah temple, The Secret Garden and The Waterfall. We ended the day Elephant trekking on a safari and then watching the animal shows.



6 comments:

  1. What a beauty! I would want to cry after leaving such a place as well but at least you've been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like paradise :) I would defiantly have the holiday blues after that holiday looks amazing
    have a great day

    www.shaunasharp.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous, it looks like paradise and I bet you had an amazing time! xx

    www.poptartsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    Check out my MAC lipstick giveaway! Click here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trip looks amazing, i couldn't be more jealous! Going to thailand has always been a dream of mine, i hope you had a great time lovey :)

    Love, Ana

    anasofiachic.blogspot.co.uk

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could really use a trip like that right now. Lovely post and blog. Just followed! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m in love with your blog! Interesting posts, beautiful photos & design! It’s really amazing!
    Great job! I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete

.Header h1 { font: $(header.font); color: $(header.text.color); text-shadow: 0 0 $(title.shadow.spread) #000000; display:none;