Monday, 10 March 2014

THE SUNDAY POST: BRIGHTON

Well I don't think anyone could believe how amazing the weather was yesterday! It would have been wrong of us not to go out to catch some rays, so we headed down to Brighton for the day. I have to say I have a massive soft spot for Brighton with it's uber cool atmosphere and relaxed cafe's and bars. It might seem a busy, exciting place for most, but for someone who's used to Southend-On-Sea, it's actually a rather tranquil place for me.   

We headed down to the beach front and stopped by the shops, so I could find myself something lighter to wear along the beach. I'd assumed it would be quite cold by the sea but when the sun was glaring, it was seriously hot! 

We had such a lovely day walking along the beach, watching the street entertainment and stopping to buy seafood and fish and chips. We ventured into the amusements and I have to say it's probably the first time I'm avoided going on a 2p machine ever, it was just far too busy! I dread to think how busy Brighton is in the summer. I've only ever been down to Sussex in the cold winter months, it has came a bit of a tradition that me and my boyfriend do. We don't mind when it's a little cold, as it's a lot quieter and everything is still generally open. I have a sneaky suspicion that the prices go up in the hot weather as well. No longer can you find a bag of chips and 10 crabsticks for a £1. I think I'm still living in the 90s!                                                                                                                                                                                                               

On a negative note, my poor camera failed to last the whole day and kept producing lens errors. I had my 10 seconds of crying and rushed down to the shops before they closed, to just "have a look" at new cameras. Within about 10 minutes, I was £140 down and 1 camera up! I don't regret it for a second though! It was inevitable that i was going to buy a half decent camera at some point and opted for a Fujifilm camera with a huge lens. It wasn't extortionate which is perfect for someone who is pretty new to photography and hasn't a clue what to look for in a camera! I have been practicing a fair bit with it and it's definitely the best digital camera I've had. We're going to Thailand in May for two weeks so I can't wait to really give it a go!


These photos are the last I managed to take with my old camera and with a little adjustment to the colour with my foto app, they're actually the best pictures I've ever took! So please enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. such a lovely post.. I haven't been to Brighton however for as long as I can remember I have always said I want to live there.. After seeing your post I want this even more.. I must plan a trip!! Oh and by the way lovely pictures and I love the spare of the moment camera purchase.. the pictures turned out really well.

    Charlie Eterna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to go to Brighton <3! Amazing activities and pictures!! ;)

    http://trend-mae.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

.Header h1 { font: $(header.font); color: $(header.text.color); text-shadow: 0 0 $(title.shadow.spread) #000000; display:none;