Thursday, 20 February 2014

DETANGLING LONG HAIR

Exactly this time last year, I made the choice to have my hair cut into a bob. I had a very close relationship with my very long hair, we were inseparable and I really don't know what possessed me to even consider getting it all cut off. I think I began to become bored of looking at my dull, lifeless rat tails and decided to take action. Surprisingly enough, it wasn't as emotional as I thought it would be. My hair dresser looked terrified after I explained to him how much I loved my long hair and kept stopping to ask if I was sure I knew what I was doing. I was strangely calm and egged him on to keep cutting. An hour and a half later, I left the salon feeling very light headed. I never knew that hair weighed as much it did! I felt confident at first in my new do, but eventually like with everything I became bored and longed for my long hair back.

A year on....and it's completely back! No one can quite believe how quickly it has grown! Believe it or not, I'm back to having the same troubles I've always had with it. It's a nightmare for tangling itself. I can brush my hair and literally 5 minutes later, it's all mangled up again. The aftermath of washing my hair is just the worst thing. It's a ten minute job to get all those tangles out before I can blow dry it into a smooth, sleek do. Even conditioning in the shower is absolutely no help at all! However, towards the end of last year I decided to take matters into my own hands and seek help!


These two make my life so much easier and my mornings so much quicker! Again, discovery came in the form of trial and error. 

The vibrant green bottle on the left is: Loreal Kids Sweet pear Tangle Tamer

Who says that tangles stop when your an adult? Because they certainly don't, so they really should take off the KIDS stamp on this bottle. It may be a child's product but it certainly does the trick whilst leaving my hair smelling super fruity! You can grab these at Boots for £2.19, but I've seem them pretty much in all supermarkets. 

The bottle on right is: Boots Coconut & Almond Leave in Conditioner Spray

It's an amazing buy at only £1.49, mainly the reason it first caught my eye. Shampoo type conditioning treatments don't do my hair much good to be honest and it's a slight waste of money for myself. I really think the best thing you can do for damaged hair and dry ends is to just have them cut off. I've learnt the hard way! However, this spray gives my hair a little hydration, a smoother brush through and an amazing smell of Coconut! I give a few extra sprays on the ends before I straighten as well for a smoother finish. I wouldn't recommend using this on the roots of your hair as it can make it a little greasy. 

What do you use to detangle?

15 comments:

  1. I love the smell of the L'Oreal detangler! And definitely agree about removing that kids label!

    AMANDALOVES.COM | UK Beauty and Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I reaaally hate pears but I love the smell of this! x

      Delete
  2. have you tried the tangle teaser brush? that's amazing for tangled wet hair! x
    www.article21.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noo I actually need one of those! I came across the angel tangle brush this week! x

      Delete
  3. Thanks for these tips! Nothing worse than knotty hair. Blugh!
    Loving your blog, joined the site!
    Genevieve xo

    http://editorinthemaking.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to try the Coconut and Almond product, as much as I love growing my hair again, it is such a pain when it comes to caring for it. Thank you for sharing!

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Thanks for following me, I thought I would come and check out your blog and I was inspired, You was studying journalism and now fulfilling your career through fashion, something I would love to do. I am currently in my first year of Journalism and I am loving every bit of it xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually in fashion management now not journalism anymore but I'd love to help if you have any questions, as I've done plenty of work experience in journalism :) Hope your getting on okay! x

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the tips :)

    I see you studied journalism! I'm doing fashion journalism right now in uni (first year) :)
    Maybe one day do a post on life after uni and how you found your job etc
    it would be very inspiring.


    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually in fashion management not journalism anymore i'm afraid. If you need any help with anything uni related or work experience i'd be happy to answer any Qs :) x

      Delete
  7. I always have to use a leave in conditioner. My hair is crazy! It gets so tangled so easily. My husband is really good at getting the knots out. I always have to ask him to do it for me. :) The coconut and almond leave in conditioner looks great!

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha may have to get my boyfriend to have a go! Thanks for popping by :) x

      Delete
  8. I have got to try the leave in conditioner, I usually just pull and tug at my hair and end up frustrated!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete

.Header h1 { font: $(header.font); color: $(header.text.color); text-shadow: 0 0 $(title.shadow.spread) #000000; display:none;